Help! With Soccer Cake

Decorating By Sheri_e Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 8:30pm by funtodecorate2

Sheri_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheri_e Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

I need some ideas please. I am a reasonable new baker with big ideas, and no idea how to carry some of them out. I want to make my sons team a soccer cake at the end of the season. I would like to make a soccer field, with edible goals. anyone have any ideas on how to make them white? also...for the chalk lines, i would prefer not to use icing...do you think it would work if i used white chocolate, froze it then ground it up? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

3 replies
BakedBeauties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedBeauties Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 4

I'm going to say that icing is the best answer (obviously), but as an alternative, you colour some dessicated coconut green and cover the cake in this for the grass. Then you just need to pipe on the lines, and gets round your problem. As for the goals, I've never made them, I've just used goals from soccer games, so they're obviously not edible.

JennTheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennTheCakeLadie Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 4

White chocolate is going to look like soap shavings. The problem with anything powdered is it is going to absorb moisture and melt. You could use something like sifted powdered sugar, but you would have to do it at the very last minute so that it doesn't have time to melt. The fun part will be figuring out how to pipe it on so that it doesn't get everywhere. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 4

Hi,
Look in the gallery way down at the bottom in the sports section. They have great soccer pictures .I'm going to try the presentation cupcakes.
My sons yr end party is this sunday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%