Bumpy Fondant

Decorating By caker03 Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 8:09pm by ConfectionsCC

caker03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caker03 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, I'm trying to learn all I can about fondant! Here is my question! How do I get my fondant to look so straight and perfect? Is it the way you ice the cake with the buttercream, the cake itself or is it the mmf that I'm using? I want to try a different kind of fondant but right now, while I'm just starting out I'll stick with it because it is fitting the budget icon_smile.gif

All advice is needed! Thank you icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, im no expert on icing cakes but i used to have problems when icing my cakes and always wanted it to look perfectly straight.

My cakes look a lot nicer now so hope this helps :

put loads of cream over your cake before icing and smooth it out to the shape of your cake, the more cream the better i find as it helps hide the loose crumbs that you may have picked up wile putting the cream on.

Dont roll your icing to thin.

once you have covered use a cake smoother to finish it of working from the top down, this one made a huge improvement to my cakes as soon as i got a smoother i noticed a massive change.

Hope this helps

satinice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satinice Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

Whether you're a beginner or a pro at using fondant, visit our website for tutorials from the top names in cake decorating. Lots of good tips and techniques!
http://www.youtube.com/satinfinefoods

Your friends at Satin Fine Foods
icon_smile.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 4

Give your cakes a good layer of icing and smooth to perfection as if it were going to be a regular buttercream cake. I roll my fondant thinner than most because I like nice sharp corners. If you get the icing underneath smooth than the fondant will be smooth! Practice, practice, practice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%