Ws Gift Cakelet Recipe Needed

Baking By Lyoshka Updated 4 Sep 2012 , 5:45pm by BakingIrene

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 5

HI! I absolutely adore the gift cakelets from the recipe that came with the pan on the cardboard cover... We are celebrating 4 family birthdays this weekend and i wanted to make them for one of the desserts (we got presents for you! lol), and cannot locate the recipe!

The recipe was so so good, I don't want to make them with another one icon_sad.gif Can anyone help? I would like the recipe for both the cakelets and the glaze... hoping you guys can help!!!!

thank you!

lena

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 5:52am
post #2 of 5

Williams Sonoma has several cakelet recipes listed:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/desserts/cakes-and-cupcakes/

HTH

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 5

JanH is right - there are so many it would be hard to tell which recipe it is on their website. Is there a Williams Sonoma store near you that you could pop into and check out the recipe firsthand?

13FOXgurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
13FOXgurl Posted 4 Sep 2012 , 2:28am
post #4 of 5

Copied from the Williams Sonoma Basket Cakelet Pan instructions:

Have all the ingredients at room temperature.

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease and flour the Basket Cakelet Pan; tap out excess flour.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until blended. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until just blended.

Remove the bowl from the mixer. Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the egg mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the sour cream, then sprinkle with the remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.

Scoop a heaping 1/3 cup (80ml) batter into each well of the prepared pan. Tap the pan on the countertop to even out the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a cakelet comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.

Invert the cakelets onto the rack and lift off the pan. Wash and dry the pan and repeat with the remaining batter. Fill the cakelets as desired with whipped cream or lemon curd and berries, Makes 12 cakelets.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 4 Sep 2012 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 5

These are all Nordic Ware (tm) pans.

Info at http://www.nordicware.com/search/do/?q=cakelet§ion=all

recipes under the "resources" tab at the top of the page. Or else email them for that specific pan insert.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%