Stenciling Woes...

Decorating By cfpeoples Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 9:33pm by bonniebakes

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 3

I have to say i really stink at stenciling...i am hoping someone can give me some tips. I've only tried it twice, but want to do it more because i like the way it looks. The problem is that i get it underneat the stencil in places. What am i doing wrong. I heard to put some shortening on the back of the stencil, but i still had the problem. Plus, i would like to do iton buttercream some day too, not just on fondant. I realize that is harder, so am trying it with fondant for now. The stencil i used is in my gallery. It is music notes on a graduation cake. I'm going to upload pictures from my new cake in a few minutes. It was the music note stencil again. I have a damask one i REALLY want to use, but it is so much more intricate i am sure i will have problems again. If anyone can offer me advice i would REALLY appreciate it!! Thank you in advance!!!

2 replies
cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 3

i'm trying to attach a picture...just having trouble. Let's see if this works....

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 3

it sounds like your icing might be too thin and "bleeding" under the stencil or maybe you are moving your stencil as you pull the icing across and it's going under the stencil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%