How Many Orders Per Week?

Decorating By CakeFIED Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 5:54pm by KarolynAndrea

CakeFIED Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeFIED Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:56am
post #1 of 8

approximately how many cake orders do u push out every week?

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 8

This week I have 6 which includes 3-3D cakes....mostly though 4-5

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 8

I don't have a specific number of cake limit, but I try to stay around 400-500 servings a week. Or, if some of those servings are high priced because it's a 3d cake, then less. My goal is to work less than 30 hours on actual cake production each week (not counting contract, shopping, ordering, and delivery. But egg cracking, baking, filling, decorating time). Most often that's 2-3 cakes a week though.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 8

I'm a one-girl shop (with the exception of some part-time help from my DH) and I only take 4 cakes a week (usually 2 weddings). Depending on the complexity of those cakes, I might take on another, or might turn down one.

Right now I have a pretty good balance of time to finish vs cooler space and I can get it done without having to work crazy late hours.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 8

I'm just a home baker, but I do 4-5 orders a week.

This week, I have 78 decorated sugar cookies, a dozen Snickerdoodles, a dozen Red Velvet cupcakes, 150 mini cupcakes, a small birthday cake, and an apple pie. I also have to bake something for my own weekend family dinner.

I will say, though, that my husband is very understanding and that my kids are grown and gone. Things like that make a big difference!

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 8

I usually do 2-3 a week, turn down orders sometimes, because I work full-time through the week. I did last month have 7 cakes in a weekend 3 were wedding cakes. Needless to say I had to take a week of vacation from full time job.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 8

I am married, have a full time job, no kids...

This year I took up to 2 weddings per weekend and some weekends I threw in a small cake order on top of the weddings. I didn't really have a weekend though.

So, next year I will be taking 1 order per weekend. I keep repeating that to myself over and over because it is tempting to do more since I know I can.

The cake money isn't used for anything which makes a huge difference in the amount of orders someone takes. It just sits in an account waiting for buy something cake related. If we needed the money I would take more than 1 per weekend.

KarolynAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarolynAndrea Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 8

6 - 9. I have no kids and this is all I do. I'm in the kitchen 8am-8pm Mon-Fri!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%