What Kind/form Of Dark Chocolate When A Recipe Calls For It?

Baking By aej6 Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 3:36am by aej6

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 3

OK, this may sound very silly but....

I have a cheesecake recipe I want to try that calls for 4 oz dark chocolate, melted. It gets mixed in with some of the cheesecake batter and then dropped within the cake here and there like spots.

Would I get dark chocolate chips and melt them?

What kind/form of dark choclate do I get?

Thanks for any ideas!

2 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 3

I would use semi-sweet bakers chocolate. Usually found in the baking isle of your local grocery store.

I make cheesecake often and have never used chocolate chips because they have other ingredients added to them and don't always melt nice.

I would use the semi-sweet bakers chocolate, found in boxes in the baking isle, it is usually sold in 8 oz boxes, each oz is individually wrapped in parchment for easy use.

Good Luck The cheesecake sounds yummy!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 3:36am
post #3 of 3

Thank you! I grabbed some tonight and will be making it this weekend.
Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%