Iowa Bakery Owners...i Have A Few Questions

Business By Tacy09 Updated 13 Oct 2011 , 1:12pm by Stephy42088

Tacy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tacy09 Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, so I am trying to get this whole business plan things finished and I am really struggling on some parts! I believe I have majority of it handled but I was wondering if any of you would be willing to price some of your start up costs for me, as well as what things I would need for a constant inventory. I live in a small town so I would have to fun a full scale bakery along with cakes, or I would never make it...so I need a lot of information on how much of what I would need, as well as supplies. I know its a lot and kinda personal, but Im not real sure how else to get the infomation icon_biggrin.gif .....Thanks in advance!!!!

1 reply
Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 2

Your start up costs will be largely individual depending on where you get your equipment, how much you will need, the quality and if it is used or new. The same goes for your ingredient costs, there are many factors, will you be using a wholesaler such as Dawn or Bakemark? They both have minimums of $500 orders. Or Sam's? In which case you will have to include your gas and time for running to get ingredients and supplies. In my case, I purchased all of my equipment, some new and some used. I rent a small studio in a small town and do not have a retail storefront. I had to get 3 stainless steel tables, a domestic oven, a large commercial oven, a large cooling rack with pans, a 20qt mixer, plus many more baking pans and cleaning supplies. I also spent a lot of money on decorating the space to make it look nice and homey. But basically at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what it costs me or anyone else because it will be much different than what it will cost you so go through your needs and demands and figure out your costs one by one. hth!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%