Opinions On The Wolfgang Puck 700 Watt Mixer?

Decorating By augurey Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 12:04pm by augurey

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 6

I've been saving up for a good stand mixer (KA or Cuisinart) and have about 1/2 - 1/4 saved up (depending on the one I decide to get).

My mom told me today that on the HSN there is a sale going on for the Wolfgang Puck 700 watt Stand Mixer. $299.90 and can make 5 payments of $59.98 (which would be really nice so I could get it now, but on the other hand would love to pay in full and not have a bill to pay each month) and free S/H. It ends by the end of today.

I'm curious if anyone has ever used this and has any good or bad reviews of this product?

I couldn't find much online -- some where really good reviews, but the bad reviews make me nervous (let alone that it's being sold on HSN - not to say that you can't get good stuff on there, but it make me a little more nervous -- too good to be true type of deal).

From what I gather, it breaks very easily (after a few times for some); the whisk broke for a few people.

Some say it's difficult to get the attachments out.

Some day it's incredibly noisy (though you're going to have noise with all mixers -- I wonder if this is more noisy than the average or maybe people were nitpicking?)

One drawback noted is the bowls included do not have handles.

But there are also a lot of positive reviews.

Right now I'm thinking no, but I don't want to totally dismiss it -- even if I don't buy this today (which I doubt because an impulse purchase such as this makes me a little too nervous, especially something I have little knowledge on), I'm sure there will be other opportunities, as per my search, this hasn't been the first offer like this.

Plus, I saw a link posted here for another website that has good prices and free S/H, but I do want to keep my options open.

So, anyhow, has anyone ever used this particular stand mixer?

5 replies
foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 6

I can't speak about the mixer but we have had two other Wolfgang Puck appliances (a sandwich grill and a slow cooker) that were absolute junk.
I'd hate to see you spend your hard earned savings on a potentially bad appliance. We would never buy another Puck appliance.

I can speak for both KitchenAid and Cuisisnart and like them both very much.

epicpastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epicpastries Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:18am
post #3 of 6

Wow...I just posted something similar to this. I have the first mixer he came out with in about 2004. Its a good mixer, but doe not have handles. I think the reviews you saw were for the old mixer because this one he has on special today is new. My understanding is that today is the first day its being offered to anyone. No parts are broken on my old mixer, but i have noticed the black coating on the paddle attachment seems to be fading. I also have a 6qt Kitchenaid that I bought in 2010. I have not had any problems with it at all, but I have seen a lot of mixed reviews. I was going to save for the Cuisinart, but watched the HSN demo of the Wolfgang mixer and became confused lol. I do like the fact that his is commerically graded, but have also heard great things about the Cuisinart. I am still debating, but the fact that I can order it and try it out for 30 days is a plus. I will also give you a heads up and tell you that Sears offers Layaway and they do carry the Cuisinart and the Kitchenaid. So when they go on sale...that helps. Let me know what you decided. I think I am going to wait :/

epicpastries Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:33am
post #4 of 6

I have been researching the Wolfgang mixer and it seems there was another 600 watt mixer earlier this year. The one on special is now 700 watts, so he may have revamped it. Also the only complaint I found on the 600 watt was one customer that said it was a bit noisy in her cupcake shop, but worked better than her Kitchenaid (which only lasted a short time before it broke).

epicpastries Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

I ordered it in the white...what the heck...I'll try it. icon_biggrin.gif

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 12:04pm
post #6 of 6

foodguy, thanks for the feedback! I was considering reading the reviews on other products by Wolfgang Puck to get an idea of the general quality of all products.'

epicpastries, Keep me posted on how it works! I decided not to do it. I know the bad reviews were for a different model, but it still made me nervous, and I couldn't find enough information to feel okay with making a big decision like that so quickly. Plus I'd rather pay in full rather than make payments (and have a bit more saving up to do). I'm sure there will be other opportunities to get a good deal in the future if I decide to go that route, but right now isn't the right time for me to make such a big purchase so quickly with so little information. I don't want to put out the money and then regret it. I can't afford to regret it lol. But definitely let me know how you like it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%