:( Not Impressed With My Cake Dummies...

Decorating By GracieJean Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 10:11pm by JanH

GracieJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GracieJean Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 7

I ordered several cake dummies from a company online and paid to have each one's edges sanded. I get them out of the box today and the dummies are just not up to par. The edges are kind of sloppy and uneven. The sides have tool mark indentations.

I didn't want to have to do anything to these to make them perfect. I wanted them to come that way. Was that unreasonable? I mean, why would I order something simply for it's shape and then have to adjust said shape? icon_mad.gif

Just wanted to vent and ask which companies you may have used for ordered dummies that have delivered a quality product. I have requested that this company at least refund the extra charges for the edge sanding since I have to go back over all of them. We'll see what they say. thumbsdown.gif

6 replies
mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 7

www.TaylorFoam.com (Mod edited to provide working link.) has always been good to me, with perfect dummies. I spaced out the ltters that way, because if I remember correctly, this site will block the name. Dallas Foam is a good one too.

mariacakestoo Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 7

Oh good grief. It was www.dallasfoam.com that's blocked.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 7

Are you talking about the line that goes up the side? They are all going to have that and it sands off in seconds. If there are lots of indentations then I'm not sure... maybe they were damaged. I don't get mine rounded on the edge because I like the crisp edge, so I have no experience with that.

mariacakestoo Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissbakesalot

I don't get mine rounded on the edge because I like the crisp edge, so I have no experience with that.

Me neither, I want that sharp edge. I went back and forth on that round versus sharp look and finally decided I like 'em sharper.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 7

If you are covering them with fondant rub shortening on the top and sides. The shortening should fill in any imperfections and the fondant will go on beautifully.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Just to clarify, we do not delete threads just because they mention other suppliers, there are plenty of threads on here mentioning other suppliers.

The sites that are banned are banned because at some point they violated the forum rules and spammed cakecentral.com .

Sites that choose to spam do not get the benefit of exposure here.

is a great supplier, but there are other great suppliers as well, and when suppliers who are not banned are mentioned, those posts are left intact.

RE: PMs

We do not manually edit your PMs, the entire website has the banned site names in the replace database. Just like cursing. It is an automated process, we have no idea who tries to PM those site names or when.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-quote-7152233.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%