Strawberry Sleeve Filling

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 9:06pm by sweettreat101

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 4

First time I am going to used this. I need to know if to fill the cake with this as it is or should i mix it in buttercream icing. The reason I am asking its because I dont know if its too soft for the cake to stay outside.

3 replies
Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 4

Make a good stiff damn and use the filling as is; thin layer.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 4

I mix it with bc all the time. I find the sleeved fillings to be too slippery otherwise.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with Leah strawberry filling is to slippery. One of my caketastrophe was a strawberry glaze filling. I like the strawberries and cream filling on CC. Strawberries n Cream Mousse
Ingredients

1 large pkg of Instant Vanilla Jello Pudding
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
2-3 tablespoons of Strawberry Jello Gelatin Powder (you can add more or less depending on how much strawberry taste you want!)

Instructions

Mix Heavy whipping cream on med-high. Slowly add all of the contents of the Instant Vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin powder to whipping cream until it reaches a thick mousse and all of the gelatin and pudding mix is dissolved. Make sure the jello is dissolved before whipping. If you want a filling that doesn't need refrigeration use Bettercreme or Frostin Pride in place of the whipping cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%