Fruit Flavored Buttercream??

Decorating By sumerae Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 2:46pm by Rylan

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 4

That doesn't need to be refrigeratated...I've never done fruit flavored anything...so can anyone help me out with this?

How to do it, it needs to be yummy (of course) and can be used at room temp, how do I make it?

3 replies
SarahMdr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahMdr Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:40am
post #2 of 4

Well, are you thinking lemon (lemon curd, orange curd..) raspberry, etc..... It is so easy to mix fruit purees, curd etc into buttercream, just mix them in at the end. They are usually pretty stable, expecially if you can chill them/cake before hand a bit. An excellent reference guide (library, amazon, local book store) is "The Cake Bible" ... it's such a must have book icon_smile.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:03am
post #3 of 4

Yep cake bible is the best! amazing recipes. Fruit purees are more work but some extracts can be bitter when used in big amounts. Raspberry buttercream made with fresh raspberry puree is awesome a favorite of my clients. Lime made with lime oil instead of an extract is amazing too. The author of the Cake Bible is Rose Levy Barenbaum (sp of last name may not be correct) she has a lot of her recipes on line also has her own site with some of her recipes.hth

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4

I love using Amoretti extracts. The flavor is powerful...just don't overdo it because like many extracts, too much can turn bitter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%