Needing Help Covering Pumpkins

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 9:09pm by theresaf

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake to donate for a charity and I'm wanting to make a ghost in the middle of a pumpkin field. I have made a ghost before, so I'm good there. I'm wanting to know what you girls would recommend to cover the pumpkins I've got a mini bundt pan that I want to use. Thanks for any help!!!

3 replies
UrsCor82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UrsCor82 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 4

I would cover the bundt cakes with buttercream and fondant. Sounds like a cute idea!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 4

I just made some mini bundt pumpkins with my 11yr old nephew yesterday. We used 2 placed bottom to bottom to make a whole pumpkin, frosted and then orange fondant. After forming the fondant over the pumpkin (including the bundt "hole"), score it with the back of your knife to make the ridges of the pumpkin stand out more. I used softened green tootsie roll to make the stems. If you just use the one mini-bundt it would look like some are still growing so you can alternate using "whole" and "half". It was a fun project and my nephew loved it. However, to me it looked easier/quicker than it turned out to be! Haven't posted anything yet. Good luck!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 4

Here's the link to my mini-bundt pumpkins!  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2173234

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%