Such A Shame

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 8:27am by JanH

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 7:10am
post #31 of 33

I've been busy for a few days and haven't been reading CC. Cakelady, I never post on decorating threads here, so I'm in the dark. I didn't understand the route you were taking in your original post. In my case, I just get tired of personal attacks on me that cause CC members to pm me, not wanting to be attacked themselves. But this is on the business forums only.

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 6:35am
post #32 of 33

vtcake, I completely agree with you. the folks there are wonderful.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:27am
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

The moderation here is also pretty lax, in other forums I've participated in personal attacks are edited or removed within 30 minutes, and repeat offenders are penalized with "time outs". On CC these offending posts tend to stick around for days to build flame wars, then the threads are just completely deleted.

FYI, moderators on CC don't read each and every post. We rely on members to alert us to offensive/objectionable posts by using the report bad post system. Threads with multiple bad report alerts will be removed from public viewing.
If no member/s feel that the post's content warrants reporting via report bad post automated system or via pm, then no action is taken until it comes to our personal attention.

Additionally, moderators have very limited roles:

A mod's job is to look after the daily running of the forums. Mods can edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, or delete topics in their forum/s. Generally mods are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

If you wish to advise Jackie/Heath on suspending members (time-outs) please pm Heath directly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%