!! Help !! Marble Cake Requested!

Baking By katieavery Updated 30 Sep 2011 , 12:19pm by katieavery

katieavery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katieavery Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

Just found out that the cake I'm making for a wedding this weekend the bride wants MARBLE. I have never made a marble cake before! Any recipes or tips would be so appreciated!!!!

I'm starting to make it tonight! ACK!

4 replies
Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 5

I've marbled chocolate and yellow wasc cakes before w/ excellent results. I'd pour in half the amount of chocolate and dollop on the yellow batter and use a spoon or knife to "marble it". It looked awesome and tasted great. Hope that helps. =)

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 5

I just use my chocolate and vanilla recipes (which are different from each other) and marble them together. I usually add the vanilla and plop chocolate in places and run a knife through it. I don't make marble cake often as I prefer to layer chocolate and vanilla cakes in the tier, but it works well. =]

Cakeopoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopoly Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 5

I just use my regular butter cake recipe and remove about 1/3 of the batter and add some cocoa powder to it, and then marble it using the techniques mentioned above. Some people add melted chocolate chips to a portion of their batter, but I have not tried that yet.

katieavery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katieavery Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 5

thanks so much for the replies!

I think I'll stick to my vanilla cake recipe and and cocoa.

I haven't tried WASC.... is it that good? I have been using the Vanilla cake recipe from Confetti cakes...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%