Alcohol Infused Cupcakes/cakes

Baking By cakeladi25 Updated 17 Dec 2013 , 6:21pm by 1981crystal

cakeladi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladi25 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 38

Can anyone tell me how to make alcohol infused cupcakes/cakes using popular liquor ie: Patron,Baileys,Champagne, etc.?

37 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 38

I'd say make a simple syrup (half sugar half water, bring to a boil for a while) and add as much of the liqueur to it as you'd like, then spoon it over the cake. You could punch some holes in the cake with a bamboo skewer for better absorption. It would probably be a good idea to experiment a little bit first (maybe on some cupcakes) to make sure the flavor comes through without being overpowering.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 5:15am
post #3 of 38

+1 to what Marianna46 said - for sure do a trial run! My first batch of "kahlua cupcakes" went terribly wrong and I'm sooooo glad I had time to try other things. The first time I wasn't thinking straight and just poured a full shot of liquor right into my cupcake batter and they just turned into mush. I think it turned out to be more of a pudding icon_eek.gif The second time I made a syrup, which ends up losing some if its alcohol, but that was okay! and it worked out MUCH better and tasted pretty dandy too!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 11:53am
post #4 of 38

Cakeladi, I use many different types of alcohol in my baking. I use the alcohol as a flavor enhancement, not a novelty.

Each type of alcohol works differently in a recipe. Very few benefit from baking in the cake or cupcake. Many can be brushed, a very few need simple syrup, and the alcohol can be added to fillings, ganache, and frostings as well. Many times a cupcake will benefit from a combination of flavors.

If you would like a link to my site, pm me. I'll be happy to share the method and amounts for any of the alcohol infused recipes. I probably have 50 examples.

socosweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socosweets Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 38

I use liquors in my buttercream often such as kahula,amaretto and baileys are my most popular. The only cupcakes that I actually bake with liquor in them are my chocolate guinness and my rum cupcake but with the rum cupcake I also pour a rum syrup over the top. Otherwise I dip my cupcakes into the liquor after I poke the top with a fork. I make my yellow cupcake and then poke holes in the top and dip the top into kahula and then top it with a baileys buttercream and everyone loved those

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 38

there is a book called booze in a cake, i think. but i heard there are many variations here on the cc recipes. they are variations on the wasc recipe.

scp1127 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 38

bakencake, there's another called, Boozy Baker.

I have both books. I don't use the recipes, as I use my own, but I enjoy reading the flavor combinations. Both books have great reviews on Amazon, so I am sure either one would be an excellent choice.

Here's my OCD, cookbook obsession habit:

I go to Amazon, make a list of all of the recipes that have been tried with great results (and the bad), and put that list in the book for reference. Both of those books have a long list of reviewer posted greats.

KathieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathieB Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Cakeladi, I use many different types of alcohol in my baking. I use the alcohol as a flavor enhancement, not a novelty.

Each type of alcohol works differently in a recipe. Very few benefit from baking in the cake or cupcake. Many can be brushed, a very few need simple syrup, and the alcohol can be added to fillings, ganache, and frostings as well. Many times a cupcake will benefit from a combination of flavors.

If you would like a link to my site, pm me. I'll be happy to share the method and amounts for any of the alcohol infused recipes. I probably have 50 examples.

I wouldn't mind having this info too if you wouldn't mind. I am new to baking and have also wondered about alcohol and baking. Thank you!

scp1127 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 38

Kathi, I'll send it. Susan

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 38

scp1127, I would also love to receive the link. Thanks!

scp1127 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 5:11pm
post #11 of 38

For everyone who has pm'd me, look under cupcakes and cakes for flavors. There are also some in cheesecakes. I send all pm's a reply, so if anyone didn't get it, pm me again. I had one not go through yesterday. Susan

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 6:33pm
post #12 of 38
Quote:

bakencake, there's another called, Boozy Baker.

I have both books. I don't use the recipes, as I use my own, but I enjoy reading the flavor combinations. Both books have great reviews on Amazon, so I am sure either one would be an excellent choice.

Here's my OCD, cookbook obsession habit:

I go to Amazon, make a list of all of the recipes that have been tried with great results (and the bad), and put that list in the book for reference. Both of those books have a long list of reviewer posted greats.

thanks for the heads up on that book. need to check it out. that one and i think it's called the butch bakery. it's a guys take on cupcakes

Marianna46 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 1:27am
post #13 of 38

Hi, Susan, I just PM'ed you too, before I saw that everybody was using this forum to ask for your website. Could you include me in the list, please?

angmorri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angmorri Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:30pm
post #14 of 38

hello susan can i be your fan too? please....thank you

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:16pm
post #15 of 38

scp1127 I would also love the link to your site. Thank you so much!!

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:18pm
post #16 of 38

scp1127 I would also love the link to your site. Thank you so much!!

Marianna46 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 6:42pm
post #17 of 38

Hi, Susan, just thought I'd let you know I make the Bailey's cake last weekend. I subbed Bailey's for the liquid in the WASC recipe, then spooned about a half cup of Bailey's over the two layers (it was an 8" cake) after I leveled them, then made Bailey's buttercream (Bailey's for all the liquid) to fill and frost. It tasted really good, but wasn't at all overpowering. The birthday girl (my daughter) was thrilled. Thanks for your help.

Marianna46 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 6:43pm
post #18 of 38

Sorry, this posted twice (it's been happening a lot lately, not sure why).

scp1127 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:49pm
post #19 of 38

Marianna, I just got lucky enough to have my niece pick Bailey's as on of the flavors for the wedding cake I'm making her. I made a 6" cake and gave her half to try. Not only did she love it, but I just had the last little piece for lunch. I never eat my desserts after final recipe tweaks, but this one is my favorite.

Mine is a little different. I make a subtle pecan custard filling and the frosting is cream cheese/butter based with no Bailey's. I don't put the Bailey's in the frosting because I use so little sugar it is already awfully soft.I do use vanilla bean paste and homemade vanilla extract.

If you would like my filling recipe, pm me.

Marianna46 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 10:13pm
post #20 of 38

Oh, honey, I just did! Your cake sounds wonderful.

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 10:44pm
post #21 of 38
Quote:

I am very interested in the information, do you mind sending me a link?

sugarshacksister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshacksister Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 9:56pm
post #22 of 38

scp1127
I just found this site today. I would love a link to your site if possible. Thanks so much.

Ednarooni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ednarooni Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 10:39pm
post #23 of 38

scp1127 I would also love the link to your site. Much appreciated..

scp1127 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 3:17am
post #24 of 38

I justded a link to my site yesterday.

DIVIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DIVIA Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 3:42am
post #25 of 38

Scp1127 I would also like the link & your pecan custard filling recipe if you don't mind. Thanks

scp1127 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:35pm
post #26 of 38

This is an old thread. I just added a link to my site a few days ago.

VBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VBaker Posted 3 Nov 2012 , 4:27am
post #27 of 38

scp1127 - would you mind sending me the link too please????

scapri301 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scapri301 Posted 26 Nov 2012 , 9:53pm
post #28 of 38

hello

can you please pm the reciept for the liquor infused cupcakes to me as well.  I would really apprecitate it and pics if you have them as well.

VBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VBaker Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 7:35am
post #29 of 38

Could you please send me the link to please???????? Please :-)

LittlesChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittlesChef Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 8:55pm
post #30 of 38

Hello

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%