How To Support Gumpaste Figure Way Above Cake?

Decorating By PrivateNameHere Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 8:13pm by howsweet

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 3

There's this awesome cake that a lady here made and I want to make the same cake for DS 4th birthday in a couple weeks. I tried messaging her but I think she's inactive here now. Does anyone have any clue what she used for this?
Sorry, I don't know how to attach photos here without saving to my computer and uploading to Photobucket. I am shamed.
Anyway, I'm thinking it's something like...well, I don't know. I can't even guess at it.
Thanks in advance!

2 replies
aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know what she used, but if I were making that cake, I would use PVC pipes and joints, all available from the local big box home improvement store of your choice. Other people will likely have other ideas. Good luck and post a picture when you are done!

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 3

Copper tubing will bend like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%