I Could Cry With Joy!!!

Decorating By Emmar308 Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 1:36pm by Marianna46

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 10:01am
post #1 of 8

I have just had a total brainwave and solved one of my biggest bug bears when it comes to cake decorating. I am absolutely over the moon with myself, so much so that i have stopped mid cake to tell all you wonderful cakers! This is where i bet most you will read this and say, yep been doing that for years ha ha!! But, anyway, once again i was getting ready to move my fondant covered cake onto my fondant covered board and dreading the usual hassle of trying to centre the cake whilst not damaging my fondant. Then i suddenly thought wouldn't a guide line help?? I used my cake pan, marked a circle and da dahhhhhh perfectly centred cake on board first attempt!!!!! I am soooo chuffed with my lightbulb moment - if it helps even one other of you out there then thats even better!!!!! Yipppppppeeeeeeeee, celebratory cup of tea before back to caking!!!!!! I gotta feeling that today's gonna be a good day, that todays gonna be a good GOOD day................!!!!!!!!!!!

7 replies
Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 11:21am
post #2 of 8

icon_smile.gif

I love it when something like that happens!!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 11:57am
post #3 of 8

Even a small victory is still a Victory! Congrats to you first 'perfectly centered cake on the first attempt!!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 8

Love it!!

mumof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumof3 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 8

Hey that's good

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 8

Good job

Jillfcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillfcs Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 8

What a FANTASTIC idea -- I am so going to do that from now on!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 8

Congrats! I just started doing something like that (I measure in from the edge of my cake board and put a few marks on the base with an edible-ink marker), but I like your idea more. Thanks for sharing it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%