Hello Kitty!

Decorating By angelcakes11 Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 8:46pm by kimgra

angelcakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes11 Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 3

I am having a bit of a hard time making this 3d hello kitty cake topper. How far in advance can I make the topper? should I use fondant or gumpaste also my concern is when I go to put the topper on the cake if made to far in advance when I put the dowel through it will the fondant start to crack? the cake is for this Saturday. I would really appreciate any help. thanks.

2 replies
sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 3

You can make the Hello Kitty topper in advance. You can either use gumpaste or 50/50(fondant/gumpaste). And the dowel shouldn't make it crack.

kimgra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimgra Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 3

Hi! I made a Hello Kitty Topper and used rice krispies treats for support and covered it with fondant with tyloose. The first day I onle made the head and the body. The second day I "dressed" her and at night she was ready! I didn't use the topper with a dowel but other figures I've made don't crack beacuse of the rice krispies treats. You can check in my pictures the Kitty figure I made, she was big and I made her 4 days before. My country has tropical weather so I guess you'll have even better results! When I'm in a rush I place my figures inside the oven with the light on, they dry so fast!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%