Stencilling Cookies Or Monograming

Baking By carleen2140 Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 8:01pm by carleen2140

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to make wedding cookies. They would like a square cookie with 3 initials on them. First initials of the bride, groom and their last name initial in the center. What is the best way to do this, and how big should the cookie and initials be? Any help on this would be very appreciated. I should add I am not very good at free hand writing, so i'm thinking stencils. Also can someone lead me in the right direction to purchase products for this. Thanks.

5 replies
Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 6

I stenciled for the first time this summer. I made square cookies with music notes on them. I used a stencil I bought from Designer stencils. I used royal icing with the consistency of peanut butter and stenciled onto fondant. I thought they would be very difficult and I was stenciling black onto white. The first few weren't so great, but then I got the hang of it. I used a palette knife to spread. You will find that they aren't as difficult as you think. I am certainly not a pro and was able to do over 100 of them. I will post a picture of the dessert table, you can see the cookies on the table.

Good luck, you will do great.

Vonda

carleen2140 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for replying. The table is beautiful. I love the colors. Everything looks fantastic.

Bootycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bootycat Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:58am
post #4 of 6

Wow! Great job!

Bootycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bootycat Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 6:01am
post #5 of 6

I'm going to try the stencil teqnique on my cookies.

carleen2140 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 6

where did you get those chocolate shoes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%