What's In A Name?

Business By TraciJ Updated 16 Sep 2005 , 7:38pm by Nitu

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 1:56am
post #1 of 11

I am trying to come up with a name for my little spot on the map. I want it to sound classy and really like the word "confection." I am totally stumped at where to go with it. icon_eek.gif In the other thread "Confectionately Yours" was thrown out there and when I looked it up on the web, I found that it is the name of a nice candy shop not in the same state, but one state away. It's up for grabs here in Michigan, but I'd just rather not use it. Since ya'll are fabulous about coming up with ideas I thought I'd pick those extremely creative noggins. I plan really to focus on cakes, I don't have a storefront/bakery (would love one, but not an option now), and really like to have an elegant name. Traci is my first name and Joseph is my last -- yeah my poor hubbie and son have 3 first names! icon_biggrin.gif

Any thoughts?

10 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 2:20am
post #2 of 11

HOW GREAT THEY ART CAKES AND CONFECTIONS

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 11

I call myself "The Confectionist" It is not registered as I just do a little home thing but I get alot of comments on the name, and seeing as I am something of a perfectionist it just kinda fits.

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 11

picking names is hard. i named mine after my sons nick name..

Grem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grem Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 10:53am
post #5 of 11

what about something simple like ... 'Traci's Cakes'.....

no one else will have your name now will they??? icon_lol.gif

Grem x icon_lol.gif

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 11

In some states if you incorporate your last name into the name of your business you don't have to get special lic.

My last name is Lee...the name of my cake shop was

"HEAVEN-LEE CUSTOM CAKES" My logo was an angel with a banner and the name of the shop was written in the banner....

and since I sold supplies on the side and had classes that part of the business was referred to as

"LEE'S CONFECTIONARY ARTS AND SUPPLIES"

Since it's not a fictitious name, they feel that you aren't going to change it on a whim or something like that

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 11

TraciJ's Confectionary

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 11

What about " TraciJ's Treasure "

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 12:56pm
post #9 of 11

Just as an FYI...I found a website where you can type in a name ir word or phrase and it will give you rhyming words, synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, related words, phrases.....

It's a great way to brainstorm when thinking of a name.....

http://www.rhymezone.com

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks adven68 - that's a really neat site. icon_lol.gif

After much consideration (tortuous to my husband, I assure you) I've decided to go with:

Gateaux
Elegant cakes for all occasions

I am breaking the first rule of marketing or something by naming it a name that may be hard to pronounce, but I just really like it and the tag line will ALWAYS be associated with it so I figure it will give it recognizability. Thanks for the suggestions. I think this was the hardest part!!

Traci

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 7:38pm
post #11 of 11

Congrates!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%