9.9.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 3:00pm by enoid

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 8:09am
post #31 of 33

I just finished a bunch of cookies, cupcakes, and rice krispy treats I am donating to a St. baldrick's event tomorrow. This is the first baking I have done in about 2 months, so I was a little rusty. I took a little break because of a move and came out of the break early to do this for an amazing foundantion. St. Baldricks is a volunteered based non profit foundation which raises money for childhood cancer treatments and research. They raise the money by haivng peope shave their head, collecting pledges on their blad head. SO, tomorrow, not only will I be donating a ton of stuff for a bake sale at the event, I will be going bald!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 11:55am
post #32 of 33

Didn't have a cake order for this week, but made toppers for an Alice in Wonderland birthday....
Battled with the tail of the cat, kept falling, so eventually dumped the first one and made it a bit smaller. Mixed a lot of CMC with the fondant and made the tail slightly smaller and it worked with toothpicks...........it stayed up!!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 3:00pm
post #33 of 33

I'm working on a 50th anniversary cake for my sister-in law and her husband. A 4 layer heart shaped WASC with lemon curd filling and gumpaste roses. They are having a reception after church. They are serving sheet cakes and mine will be on display. It will be dessert for the family after dinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%