Please Help Me Find A Picture Of This Cake.

Decorating By Little1 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 1:04pm by kristanashley

Little1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 70

A month or two ago, someone posted a picture of a cake that has become my inspiration for my grandmother's upcoming 85th birthday cake. I loved the cake when I saw it, but did not save it. PLEASE help me find it.

It was either a 3 or a 4 tier white fondant cover cake. The person used tappits to cut all different colored letters. I believe she used the funky style letters. She used the tappits to put words all over the cake. It was a really clean, beautiful look.

I can not find this cake again. I've been going crazy looking for it! I do remember that she did not write anything about tappits being used when she posted it, but in the comments section someone asked how she did the letters and she answered there about the tappits.

Does anyone know this cake??? I would LOVE to see it again. It was amazing.

Thanks so much in advance!!

69 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 70

Hi,
Do you know if it was a bday cake or wedding cake?

Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 70

Unfortunately, I just can't remember. And there's just SO many cakes on this site! I feel like I'm trying to find a needle in a haystack!

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 70
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 70
Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 70

Sort of, but not really. All the letters were cut from Tappits and were about 5 or 6 different colors. The words were all over the cake.

It came up on the home page as one of the most saved cakes.

JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 70

wow this is going to take forever! icon_sad.gif I'm currently searching the round wedding cake gallery, do you remeber if it was round or square?

This is going to annoy the hell out of me until we find it! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 70

Just a thought, does your internet "history" on your computer go back that far? could you find it that way?

Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 70

It was round. I'm sure about that. I've been looking for this cake for 3 weeks. I'm starting to think I imagined it!

I did try looking in my internet history when I first started looking, but I spend so much time on CC that it's just impossible. I was hoping someone saved it and would know right away what I was talking about!

Thank you SOOO much for your help!

JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 4:12pm
post #10 of 70

I bet we are looking for a wedding cake, the decoration sounds more like a wedding cake.

Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 4:28pm
post #11 of 70

I can't even remember what words were on it. It shouldn't be this hard to find. It was so pretty....

JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 4:39pm
post #12 of 70
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm
post #13 of 70

This is mine, but it's all white. Maybe you can use it as a guide.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2117408

Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 8:45pm
post #14 of 70

Nope. icon_sad.gif Not it. I really am beginning to think I imagined it, but I know I didn't cause I remember reading the comment about the tappits.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 9:12pm
post #15 of 70

Do you remember if it had a topper?

Little1 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 10:39pm
post #16 of 70

No, I don't think it did, but I could be wrong.

all4cake Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:46am
post #17 of 70

edited to say, nevermind to that one...there were no comments

JamAndButtercream Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:50am
post #18 of 70

Hi Little1
I spent ages yesterday searching the site, and I've been looking at exactly 407 pages of the birthday cakes gallery!!!! the last cake on page 407 was dated june 5th............. icon_sad.gif

I'm running out of ideas to search for, and your said you've been looking for 3 weeks???

Little1 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 12:37pm
post #19 of 70

Thank you SOOO much Jam&Buttercream!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you're trying. I wonder if maybe the person that posted it took it down for some reason? Either that or I seriously imagined it! But I really don't think so. I wish there was a way to search just the comments section of the photos, because I know that is where the poster of the cake wrote that she used Funky Tappits.
Thank you for trying! icon_biggrin.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:08pm
post #20 of 70

Thats ok I'm happy to try and help, someone needed help finding a cake on google the other day, a wedding cake, with a spiral staircase going up it, with painted people walking up the staircase and a topper that was a dome shape and a heart hanging from it, and they had no idea what they searched for, or the website.............can you believe that I actually found it?!? But seriously this one has gone me stumped! I've searched for "Multi coloured words" "cake with letters" "rainbow words". Gone through about 417 pages of the bday cakes gallery, 150 pages of the round wedding cakes gallery...........You would have thought, the person who made the cakes would have tagged it with "words" I will keep searching on and off. icon_smile.gif

sncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sncakes Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:34pm
post #21 of 70

Look at animal alphabet cake, posted by bmac. I looked in cake gallery, then in the most saved cake section. Hope this helps.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:48pm
post #22 of 70

sncakes... can u post a link to the photo?

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 3:34pm
post #23 of 70

Ashley, here's how to find, based on the info you have:

Go to the light blue tabs right under the Cake Central logo at the top of the page. Click on the one that says, "galleries."

Then, look at the dark purple border that's horizontal, all the way across the screen, under the light blue tabs. In white, it will say "my account" on the far left. To the right of that, you have 3 options, in white: album list, upload pictures, and search. Click on "search."

The box that appears is labeled "Search the Images." Go down to 'search by username' and enter "bmac" then click on the 'search' button.

You'll see all the cakes by bmac appear.

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 3:44pm
post #24 of 70

This was the closest one I could find in the most saved section:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1828997

Though, it probably isn't what you're looking for. I'm still searching lol

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 3:54pm
post #25 of 70

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/325083

This is the one dawncr is referring to, but it's not the one because OP said it was white, with 3 or 4 tiers.

Still looking...

Little1 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:34pm
post #28 of 70

You guys are SO amazing. Thank you SO much for trying to help me!!!! I feel like this picture has just disappeared!

JamAndButtercream Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 10:01pm
post #29 of 70

Hi Little1
Still looking! Haha!
I looked up to page 417 in the birthday cakes,
up to page 200 and something in the round wedding cakes,
and so far up to page 150 in the childrens birthday cakes............

If I find out that the person who made this cake has deleted the picture, I'm gonna go to their house and give them what for!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

...................................I need sleep dunce.gificon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:29am
post #30 of 70

Looked back through to May in round wedding cakes, birthday cakes, kids birthday cakes, retirement cakes, and one or two other galleries...looked up the key words, alphabet, letter, letters, lettering, words, abc, ABCs, teacher, Sesame Street (quite a few in there but none that met all the criteria listed by OP.), kindergarten, colorful letters-words-wording-alphabet, colored letters-words-wording alphabet, tappits...I'm still looking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%