Lemon Cake

Decorating By yazzy24 Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 3:42pm by tigerhawk83

yazzy24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazzy24 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 9

I'm making a lemon cake and I'm trying to find a good filling. .What would be good with a lemon cake?

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 9

raspberry or blueberry.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 9

lemon curd?

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 9

Oooh lemon curd would be delish!! That gets my vote!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 9

The bottom tier of one of the wedding cakes I did this last weekend was lemon sponge. I torted it twice and I spread a thinnish layer of home-made lemon curd, then topped with a home-made white chocolate mousse.

Delish!!

Suzanne x

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 9

I actually use Snack Pak lemon pudding cups - as a hobbyist they are inexpensive, easy to find, and shelf stable. They were recommended to me by my first Wilton instructor. My brother-in-law sells for Conagra Foods (who makes Snack Pak) and assures me they do NOT require refrigeration even after opening - unlike other brands that retail out of the refrigerated section of the store. I get rave reviews for my lemon buttermilk cake with the lemon pudding filling.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 9

I buy the Dickenson's lemon curd at Wal Mart and mix it with buttercream. Everyone loves it.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:09pm
post #8 of 9

I always get rave review when I fill with raspberry preserves (seedless, of course). So yummy!

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:42pm
post #9 of 9

Just to clarify - I'm not pushing Snack Pak because of the Conagra connection to my BIL. I only mentioned that because I have been asked before if it was shelf stable and that was the best way to check. As I mentioned, the idea originally came from my Wilton instructor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%