Flood And Mold?

Lounge By Chefperl Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 3:38pm by ConfectionsCC

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 2

i came home from vacation to find Irene had done some damage to my basement. (only 6 inches of water) My basement is my work area and now everything is all damp and smelly and moldy, since we were away and no windows open. What do I need to get rid of and what stuff can i keep? Open fondant? flavorings? colorings? etc....

1 reply
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

Anything sealed in an airtight container should be fine. To get rid of mold you have to scrub everything down with a mixture of water and bleach. It may help to do some research on mold removal and saftey. I would contact your HD about any other food items that were present and not in sealed air tight containers! HTH! Lived through Katrina...I feel your pain!

Quote by @%username% on %date%