First Mmf Cake :d

Decorating By Tails Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm by debbief

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 9

So for my 28th birthday, I made my first birthday MMF cake! Actually, it was my first any-type-of-fondant cake haha!

I made a white batch of MMF that I messed up, so I used the remaining pink 'mallows for a pink batch. This batch came out fine (whew!).

I tie-dyed the vanilla box cake mix, and although the edges came out sliiiightly toasty, the cake tasted great! They didnt rise as high as I wished though lol.

I used the All Butter American Buttercream recipe from this site, as we dont have shortening in South Africa, and it was great!

I added blue liquid food colouring to the fondant to make the purple accents, and marbled the topper slightly.

The cake was made on Sunday and only served the following Wednesday and it was perfectly ok! We in fact, only finished the last two slices today, and still perfect without refridgeration.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped with my n00b questions, and to say thanks for a great, informative, and inspirational site!

Pics: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2138701 thumbs_up.gif

edited to add link to buttecream recipe icon_smile.gif

8 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 9

The first ones always the best! thumbs_up.gif

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 9

Looks good! Reminds me exactly of my first MMF cake that I made icon_smile.gif I still love using polka dots!

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:12am
post #4 of 9

Lol yes, the dots were a little generic, but with so much going on, I didnt want to get too fancy icon_razz.gif Next up, a cake that looks like cheese with rats on it! icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 8:57am
post #5 of 9

very nice i love it icon_smile.gif

can you find the gel or powder colorings? the liquids tend to change the consistency of most cake coverings (buttercream fondant etc)

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 8:58am
post #6 of 9

very nice i love it icon_smile.gif

can you find the gel or powder colorings? the liquids tend to change the consistency of most cake coverings (buttercream fondant etc)

bakingnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingnewbie Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 9

Well done icon_biggrin.gif I like the different colours you have used x

bakingnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingnewbie Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 9

Well done icon_biggrin.gif I like the different colours you have used x

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm
post #9 of 9

thumbs_up.gif Great job! Doesn't it feel good to say "yep I made that"? Watch out this caking thing is addicting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%