I Need Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please :)

Decorating By Mark_Mywords Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 8:04pm by Panel7124

Mark_Mywords Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark_Mywords Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 20

Hi guys,

I've been asked to make an Xbox cake for a friends son.

I don't just want to make a simple boring Xbox cake, which is basically a black box. Has anyone got any good ideas on a themed cake, somehow including an Xbox?

Any help would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Mark.

19 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 20

Does he have any favorite games he likes to play on the xbox? You can make characters or something large from the game to place the xbox on. Good luck!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 20

Your friend's son sitting on a couch in front of the TV & Xbox? Maybe you could put your friend on the couch with him, or several other boys, and litter the area with his favorite junk food & drinks. The couch and TV could be the cake on a cake base. Around the sides of the base you could put edible images of all his favorite games! Or what about an Xbox that has come alive, like a monster, that has an Xbox for his torso? Or one of his favorite Xbox game characters coming out of the Xbox?

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 20

You could make the cake be a TV and cover a cereal treats xbox and get a screen shot of his favorite game and print it as an edible image and put it on the tv? You can probably just google the name of his favorite game to find an image of a screen shot. icon_smile.gif

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 20

Just a random question: does he have an old school xbox? Because the newer ones (xbox 360) are usually white.

Mark_Mywords Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyloo

Just a random question: does he have an old school xbox? Because the newer ones (xbox 360) are usually white.

It's an xbox 360 Elite, the black one.

Great suggestions so far guys!!!!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark_Mywords Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:11pm
post #8 of 20

I think I'm going to try one of SarahBeth3's ideas. I'm going to attempt to make an xbox cake with his favourite football team climbing out of the top of the cake. The players that come out of the top will play FIFA on a miniature xbox and tv.

A huge thanks to all your great ideas! I'll be using a few of them in the future!

Thanks again. Superb forum!

Mark.

SarahBeth3 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:04pm
post #9 of 20

Sounds great! Can't wait to see photos! Love your cakes by the way.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:15pm
post #10 of 20

I made this for my son's best friend's birthday last month.. He turned 13 yrs old.. the "game" cover is made of fondant and edible print of his favorite game. The fondant got so soft since it was 102 degrees that day.. but it survived.

I like the white XBOX look better

Mark_Mywords Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth3

Sounds great! Can't wait to see photos! Love your cakes by the way.

Thanks. I've just been admiring your cakes.... I'm very impressed.

Mark_Mywords Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:21pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

I made this for my son's best friend's birthday last month.. He turned 13 yrs old.. the "game" cover is made of fondant and edible print of his favorite game. The fondant got so soft since it was 102 degrees that day.. but it survived.

I like the white XBOX look better

Nice cake. icon_smile.gif

I like the white better also, but my friend want's the black one, which is slightly more tricky, due to the softer regalice (fondant)

Mark_Mywords Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 12:52pm
post #13 of 20

Here is my attempt at it...

(I know it's a little rough)

Mark_Mywords Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 12:53pm
post #14 of 20

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:16pm
post #15 of 20

Love it! Very good icon_smile.gif I'd love to attempt a character from Gears of War for DH but my skills are WAAAAY off, and it'd end up looking like something from sesame street i'm sure ha ha!!

SarahBeth3 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:30pm
post #16 of 20

It looks great! I love how you put the Xbox in grass! It's definitely not the "simple boring Xbox cake" you were trying to avoid! Great job! Thanks for posting photos.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:50pm
post #17 of 20

That is awesome! My son has the elite. He loves Halo and whatever that war thing is. I did a fbct of halo one year because that is what he wanted. However, would you mind if I use your idea for him this year if he wants xbox again? (last year he wanted a Dr. Pepper can sitting on a clover......don't know about him.)

Mark_Mywords Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 7:04pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth3

It looks great! I love how you put the Xbox in grass! It's definitely not the "simple boring Xbox cake" you were trying to avoid! Great job! Thanks for posting photos.

Thanks again for the great idea. icon_smile.gif

Mark_Mywords Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 7:06pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredbymom

That is awesome! My son has the elite. He loves Halo and whatever that war thing is. I did a fbct of halo one year because that is what he wanted. However, would you mind if I use your idea for him this year if he wants xbox again? (last year he wanted a Dr. Pepper can sitting on a clover......don't know about him.)

You're welcome to use it ... It wasn't my idea though. icon_smile.gif

SarahBeth3 came up with the idea. icon_smile.gif

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 8:04pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Mywords

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredbymom

You're welcome to use it ... It wasn't my idea though. icon_smile.gif

SarahBeth3 came up with the idea. icon_smile.gif

Mark_Mywords - how did you make part of the box where XBOX360 is imprinted?? I have an order for October (white one) and I'm also looking for ideas (I found in this discussion some really great ideas - especially of SarahBeth3). Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%