Lesson Book For Class 1

Decorating By shellik Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 3:17am by osman1989

shellik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellik Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:32am
post #1 of 10

I start my first Wilton Class starting the first week of September. I am really excited and nervous at the same time. I have a question for all the class takers. Does anyone have the lesson plan book #1 saved onto there computer and if there is any chance somebody could send it to me?? I know that is asking a lot.... I truly to pinch where ever I can since I no longer work due to a bad accident. My other question is one of my injuries from my accident is it takes me longer to get things in a classroom setting. Is it usually really fast paced? I have short term memory issues so I'm hoping me and the instructor can braintorm something out!! Thanks for all your advice!!!

9 replies
angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:45am
post #2 of 10

As far as fast paced well I guess that all depends on your teacher.. My poor teach is sooo patient with me cause I have to know every detail. lol .. All the steps to what ever you learned are written in your book step by step... The give you the book on your first night of class so no need to worry about getting one.. Good luck and have fun

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 10

My instructor is great! She is patient and I'm the one in class that asks a hundred questions and she seems like to like it. We only have 4 students int here (started off with more but 1 never showed and 2 didn't come back after 1st class) so it's nice to get that 1 on 1. She just recently gave me a huge bucket of high ratio shortening to try it on my 1st big cake- told me to use as much as I wanted then to bring it back. icon_lol.gif She's awesome!

We got our book for free the 1st day of class.
I don't think the classes are fast paced but you do learn alot. Good thing classes are 2 hours long. Usually I hang out cleaning up and talking to her so I don't get out of there till late.

Hopefully you're in a small class so that your instructor can give you alot of 1 on 1. Good luck!

ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 10

My took my first class in January and my instructor was very nice and patient

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 10

At most stores you should get the book the first night of the class. I know Michaels doesn't sell it, but Hobby Lobby does.

Call up the instructor you have, and talk to her. Some of the lessons are slower, less in them, while others have quite a bit of stuff the WMI has to cover. If the class has few students there is more one on one time. If it is a large class, then they may not have a lot of time for each individual student.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 10

I too think you will receive your Lesson book at the first class. You may need to buy a few supplies but you can watch for coupons. The best advice is to practice at home in between the lessons. You should have been given a supply list of items to bring to the first class. Items like zip lock bags, an apron, if you like, some suggest a towel or other table cover, pen, paper for notes, etc. Then you will have a supply list in the book for items to bring to the next class. Don't worry. It will be FUN!!! Enjoy!

RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 10

Whether you get it the first night of class or not depends on where you are taking the classes. Michael's provides it to their students, but Joann's and Hobby Lobby (I think) requires their students to purchase it. I don't know anyone who has a digital copy though...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 10

I teach at Michaels so I know we give it out. When I took the classes at Hobby Lobby (10 years ago) they did give us the book. Unless someone has scanned it in for personal use I've never heard of a digital copy of it.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 10

I took a class at HL. They told me that I needed to buy a book. On the first class the teacher gave everybody a book. I don't think there was much communication there. icon_smile.gif

osman1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osman1989 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 3:17am
post #10 of 10

I teach the Wilton Classes for Hobby Lobby and a lesson should be provided to you on the first night of class per the Hobby Lobby/Wilton guidelines. Unfortunately, not all store manager's know their own policies and hopefully your instructor has already worked this issue out. I would double check with the instructor who should be contacting you as well about the class. When you register at the Hobby Lobby location a student supply list for the first lesson should be provided to you at the time of registration sometimes the cashier overlooks this so you might have to remind them. Have fun and practice, practice. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%