Supplies Help!!

Decorating By justdessertsbyyesi Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 1:31pm by MimiFix

justdessertsbyyesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdessertsbyyesi Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #1 of 4


I am starting a home business and would like to order cake boxes, cupcake containers etc in bulks. However, all the places in my area requires a Business license which I do not have at the moment. Can someone recommend a website to order such supplies online??

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:37am
post #2 of 4


Taterfink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taterfink Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 4

just a thought. . . Our local Restaurant Depot will issue a one time guest pass to look thru the facility. I was able to make purchases on that day. I did have to pay taxes since I don't yet have my license (working on that). I was able to see what they had available in the way of caking product supplies, utensils, clothing, etc.

My personal favorite item (to be purchased later) was a quite large, quilted, soft sided cooler. I live in NE Florida and the temps are hovering around 100 degrees lately. This cooler, laid on it's back will allow me to slide in 2 or 3 cakes with room for ice packs. Then I can zip the flap closed and voila! My icing stands a much better chance of staying ON the cake! icon_eek.gif

The main stipulations of the guest pass were: no returns, no checks. Must pay with CC, Debit card or cash. Other than that, I had full access. I was like a kid in a candy shop! :icon_eek.gif

I just figured that maybe the restaurant supply places in your area may offer a guest pass of sorts to tide you over till you get your license.

Good luck and Happy Caking! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

There's another thread with a few sites.

Quote by @%username% on %date%