Any Ccers Own A Breville Or Cuisinart Mixer?

Decorating By poohsmomma Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 4:42pm by tigachu

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 8

My old faithful Sunbeam Mixmaster stripped some gears (those double batches of Indydebi's bc were just too much for her!), and I'm looking for a new mixer. I've read some bad reviews of Kitchen Aid, so I want to avoid that. I've been looking at and comparing features on Cuisinart and Breville mixers.
Can any of you give me some feedback on these brands?
I appreciate any help you can give me.

7 replies
LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 8

I replaced my KitchenAid with a Cuisinart earlier this year and I LOVE it. It has some nice features, such as coming with a splash guard cover with a pour spout, which KitchenAid sells separately. It also has a digital timer as well as a higher watt engine than most other stand mixers. It also has 3 additional power outlets for more attachments such as food processor, blender, etc. The ONLY drawback I have noticed is that it is very loud, louder than my old KitchenAid. I can live with it, though, since it does suh an exceptional job.
Good luck with your decision!

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 8

A friend of mine has the big 7.5Qt Cuisinart. I have a little Kitchenaid and although I am very grateful to have it and it does a nice job on small batches, I'm quite envious of her big Cuisinart! icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 8

I have a 7 qt and a 5.5 qt Cuisinart. I also bought a 5.5 qt Cuisinart for my sister. She uses hers every day. I use mine at least twice a week. No problems at all. I love them. I did research on Kitchen Aids for two years before deciding on the Cuisinart.

Since Kitchen Aids are breaking so much here and there, I advised a friend of mine to get a Cuisinart, but sadly, in New Zealand, she couldn't get it. So she got a Breville. That's a beautiful one, too, and we looked all over for reviews and to see if anyone said anything bad about it; we only found good things.

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 8

I got the Breville about a year ago. I only use it about once or twice a month, but am really happy with it so far. It comes with the scraper beater and splatter guards, and has a good size motor and timer feature. There aren't any extra attachments available for it, but I knew I didn't need/want those anyway. I really love the look of it - we have the Breville convection oven too so everything matches icon_smile.gif

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 8

I have the 7 qt cuisinart, and i LOVE it, the timer feature is great, the fact that i can make double batches of frosting and it doesn't over load it makes for a happy baker.. I had a kitchen aide for well over 20 years, and she finally decided she was done, she still works but not all her gears do, we got another kitchen aide about 6 years and that one is terrible, it started leaking oil around the beaters after about 2 years and just didn't have the power after awhile to l keep up.. so i say cuisinart all the way icon_smile.gif ... Hope it helps

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 8

I really appreciate the feedback. I am still undecided. I'm going to Bed, Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon tomorrow and see them in person.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 8

I have a Breville and love it! I use mine at least once a week. The only drawback is that they don't have a larger bowl. You can't lose with either one; I was able to use/test both in a baking class but I chose the Breville because of a minor personal preference.

HTH and enjoy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%