How Do I "make It Look Pretty"?

Business By jstan Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 9:04pm by cs_confections

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 16

ok so my town is having an "old Home Day" and I signed up to have a table. I will be giving away samples in the 2oz cups with lids. How can I display them on the table to make them look pretty. I am a new residential(well the only) kitchen in my town. So any ideas to grab the people? I have looked into business card magnets but they are too expensive.

15 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:01am
post #2 of 16

maybe tie a little piece of ribbon around each... If your going to have different flavors each ribbon can be a flavor. The only advertisments a I keep are pens and those reusable bags . Almost everything else gets tossed.

SweetSouthernBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:03am
post #3 of 16

You can go to vistaprint and they have some pretty good prices for business cards, banners, yard signs and more that you can design and they are cute. HTH

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:03am
post #4 of 16
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:38am
post #5 of 16

You could take different size boxes and cover them with pretty material and stagger them different heights on your table and then load your little cups on them...do different flavors on different ones...and
make signs with the flavor on your computer and put in front of them...or cover boxes with wrapping paper...do like a tiered cake and load with your cups...make sure you cover the table first with a tablecloth...if you don't have one, the dollar store has banquet table size...get white...or use a clean and ironed top sheet...ideas are endless. Have fun with it!

debbiek37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbiek37 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:40am
post #6 of 16

You could use different colors of material or patterned material cut into squares and glued to the lid or just tied on with a ribbon, add a slip of paper to the ribbon with your name and phone number. You could use different colors for different flavors. You can get free business cards from Visatprint.com, you just have to pay shipping (less than $10).

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 11:14am
post #7 of 16

If you have room on your table add a few kitchen tools - maybe a mixing bowl, wooden spoons, measuring utensils, etc. Show people that you are a real baker. And make your table look full. Have you ever seen the Panera Bakery displays? They do a beautiful job with their products. If you have a chance, visit a few bakeries and see what you like about how they set up their displays.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 12:34pm
post #8 of 16

If it's old Home Day, maybe use red checked tablecloths, baskets or glass cake stands.... maybe even vintage napkins, burlap, etc to display your samples. You could wear an apron with your name/logo on it.

melon_ball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melon_ball Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 16

Maybe you can print out stickers/labels to affix to the top of the cups. That should be pretty inexpensive and an easy way to incorporate any design or color.

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 10:21pm
post #10 of 16

Thank You all soooo much I have alot to do its in a few weeks but now I know a little more of what to do!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 16

Check out some of the party blog websites for table decor inspiration: Hostess with Mostess, Love the Day, Amy Atlas Designs.

All have beautiful dessert table designs that you could adapt to your event. They often use unusual items to display--thrift store pieces, wooden crates, fabric draped boxes.

The key is to pick a color scheme/theme and then be consistent. If you have a company logo you could base your color plan on that to reinforce your "brand".

Good luck.
Kristy

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 9:32pm
post #12 of 16

If you have a cupcake stand, you can use that.

cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:06pm
post #13 of 16

If anyone was thinking of decorating the empty space behind the table I was surprised at how reasonably priced the pop stands were for a back drop for exhibition work. Even with the companies preparing the art work they seemed to be a good way to attract interest to a cake decorating stand, and are easily transportable and reusable. You have to be careful putting them up and taking them down though. A really good idea for a business that is doing a lot of exhibition work if you get your company logo and an eye catching design put on it.

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:20pm
post #14 of 16

What is a pop stand? That sounds like it would make a good back drop on displays.

cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #15 of 16

Ah maybe that is a UK thing. They are also called roller banners. - Here is a description from a UK site. You just have to be a little bit careful how you assemble them so as not to snag the banner.

Roller banners are by far the most popular type of banner stand on the market. Roller banners work by winding the printed panel into a base containing a spring-tensioned roller mechanism. When packed away the printed roller banner graphic is securely stored inside the casing. To assemble the roller banner, simply pull up the graphic, hook it over the supplied pole and your display is complete!

These must also be available in USA - try putting in 'roller banners' into Google. The printing company local to me here in London were quoting £120 for a banner which you could use over and over again, complete with coloured logo and graphics.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:04pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_ball

Maybe you can print out stickers/labels to affix to the top of the cups. That should be pretty inexpensive and an easy way to incorporate any design or color.

I agree with using stickers with your info and affix it to the lids. Maybe use a thin ribbon in a coordinating color and make two loops crisscrossing under the label, where it looks like 4 ribbon petals around the sticker. It would be cute and make it easy for the sticker to be removed as a whole in case they lose your card. While it would take a little while to make a lot of those, you can do them in advance and have them made before you're ready to make and dish up the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%