Tangled Tower

Decorating By jlcalvert Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 7:26pm by jules5000

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 9

Okay so I started working on my daughters cake already.... her party will be on the 28th of this month but, of course, she wants a Tangled cake. I was pretty nervous about making the tower so I started playing around with it. I "glued" 2 ice cream cones together with white chocolate melts, they have 4 dowel rods going through them and can stand on its own. I also added the RKT "house" covered in fondant/gumpaste and decorated with gumpaste "wood". I have the tower upside down in my refrigerator. When I take it out to decorate I place it by a fan until it comes to room temp and prevent too much condensation.

SO now for my question..... Will this last until the party or should I leave it at room temp?

Any other suggestions????

8 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:21am
post #2 of 9

Since it doesn't sound like this is going to be eaten, I would say just leave it out of the fridge. I would put it in a cool place in a dark container so the fondant doesn't fade.

totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:37am
post #3 of 9

I would just put it in a cool dark place. If it isnt going to be eaten and it doesnt sound like it is perishable... I would be safe and not put it in the fridge. I always worry about moisture and something bumbing into it. Just my opinion.
shawna

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:45am
post #4 of 9

Ok, I have seen topsy turvy cakes, but what is a tangled tower cake? ANy pictures on here someone can send me to see?

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:04am
post #5 of 9

Jules,
It's just the tower from the movie Tangled. Here's one I've done:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2038930

lorimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorimarie Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #6 of 9

Tangled is the Disney Rapunzle movie.

Dewey_Durden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dewey_Durden Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:46am
post #7 of 9

I made one this past week. I made my tower out of RKT with a dowel through the middle. I used a waffle cone as the roof. Look in my gallery for a picture!

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:47am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Since it doesn't sound like this is going to be eaten, I would say just leave it out of the fridge. I would put it in a cool place in a dark container so the fondant doesn't fade.

No, I hadn't planned on eating the tower.
My concern with leaving it out is that I live in Louisiana and the humidity is unreal. It seems to do ok when I take it out the fridge and put by a fan. Is condensation the only thing I need to worry about when leaving in the fridge?
I hadn't planned on making it this early. I only planned on playing around with the idea but it looked really good when I was finished with it that I didn't want to do it again! icon_biggrin.gif

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 9

I think fondant is a funny and fussy thing. I have had cakes that I put in the fridge with fondant before I knew you weren't supposed to and they turned out fine. Nothing about the fondant or looks of the cake changed. It seems like after I knew I wasn't supposed to do that that even though I did the same thing with wrapping the cake just as carefully as I had before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%