Rich's Whipped Topping??

Baking By ryansmom319 Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 11:47am by ryansmom319

ryansmom319 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmom319 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 7

Help...I have been looking high and low for Rich's Bettercreme and just cant find it in my area. I need a strawberry "mousse" filling that wont need refrigeration for a cake in a couple weeks. I did find Rich's Whipped topping? Is that pretty much the same? Will it hold up as a filling for a fondant covered cake? I have been scouring the internet but cant find an answer....
Thanks in advance!
Kathy

6 replies
jade8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jade8 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 7

i had the same question on the bettercreme fun post but got no answer, so maybe someone out there will have some info for us.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 7

No, the Whipped Topping is not the same as the Bettercreme.

The Whipped Topping tastes just like whipped cream, the only difference is you can get it very stiff, and it is yellowish in color, and it isn't very heat tolerant.

Bettercreme is pure white, doesn't taste exactly like whipped cream and holds up to a little heat.

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

Ryansmum.... do you have a Sams club near you? Thats where some of us get it.

elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 7

IF this helps...I use Pastry Pride or Fostin' Pride (same just in vanilla flavor and a bit more stiff) I get them at Smart&Final they also carry Bettercream but im not sure if this store is around your area.. Costo also carries Bettercream and so does Sam's Club (some people have said they ask for it over the counter in the bakery dept)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:05am
post #6 of 7

Rich's Bettercreme is shelf stable for five days at normal room temperature.

Rich's Topping is like Cool Whip and does require constant refrigeration until serving.

HTH

ryansmom319 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmom319 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 11:47am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all your help..we have nothing in this area..only a BJs and they don't carry it..so I sucked it up and ordered the bettercreme from sugarcraft and paid the crazy shipping... icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%