Amazing How Much Stuff...!!!!

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 6:53pm by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 5

So I'm flying to Chicago this week to surprise my sister at her baby shower and am making a cupcake tower for it, using my Grandma's kitchen. So I'm packing all the things I"ll need, and making a list for the local cake shop for some fondant and gumpaste, and a stand, etc. I can't believe how many little tools I always use and take for granted!!! I'm like stuffing bags with cutters and a tiny rolling pin and a tiny silicone mat, and more cutters, and pearls, and a mold, and meringue powder, and quilting tool, small spatula, small impression mats, etc etc etc etc...for a cupcake tower to feed 30!!! And I still have to buy stuff when I get there!!!!

And people wonder why we're so expensive! hahaha....

(I hope my suitcase stays under 50 pounds!!!)

4 replies
tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 5

Good Luck meeting the weight limits for your bags!! I know the cupcakes will be beautiful and delicious icon_biggrin.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 5

Ha ha I just had to do the same thing in July. I made my nephew's groom's cake and had to travel (by car thank goodness) to another state. I baked and froze the cake, made the ganache, filling, fondant and fondant/gumpaste decorations at home and assembled, iced and decorated it at my MIL's.

Even though I did all the prepwork I could at home, I still had tons of tools, cutters, containers of gel colors, travel size containers of shortening, corn starch, tooth picks, etc... I couldn't believe how much stuff I needed to pack. But darn it, I had everything I needed and then some. So glad I had more than enough rather than miss that one little item that I couldn't do without icon_lol.gif

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

I live downtown chicago... if you forget anything, just let me know I have too many supplies. I'd be happy to share. icon_smile.gif And what store are you planning on going to? I can't really find a good one. My favorite store is 3 hours away in Indiana.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1218

I live downtown chicago... if you forget anything, just let me know I have too many supplies. I'd be happy to share. icon_smile.gif And what store are you planning on going to? I can't really find a good one. My favorite store is 3 hours away in Indiana.

Thanks! Well my grandma lives in Goshen so we'll be hitting the one at the edge of South Bend on the way to her house. icon_smile.gif But my sister lives in Southern Chicago area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%