Here To Whine

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 7 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm by ieatcakes157

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 7

Here I a whining again...

Do any of you feel like you just don't have what it takes to be a decorator??

I see so many wonderful things on here.....Nothing I have ever done looks that good and I'm just not creative!! I have to look at pictures to get ideas...rarely do I come up with something on my own.

Just really questioning whether to continue with this whole thing or not.

Do you ever feel like this?

Lori/lorabell

6 replies
CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 7

Stay strong Lori!

I'm still a "youngin" to decorating.. but started off feeling the same way 11 years ago. everyone has those days where you just want to throw in the towel and you feel like you'll never be good enough, or be able to do the fantastic things that other people can make here. We all have to learn to do these things.. a lot of pros take anatomy classes, and sculpture and all sorts of arts classes to hone their skills! We all start off somewhere.
I know it can be discouraging icon_cry.gif , but they started off making simple cakes and have days where they are uninspired or feel uncreative. (not sure if that is a word or not.. sorry)
the question you should ask yourself is, "do i love making cakes? is this fun for me? do i enjoy it?" if you answer yes, then stick with it. we all go through the rough patches... but that is why we CC'ers are here... FOR SUPPORT TO EACH OTHER! l
keep your head high Lori! and keep on keepin' on. thumbs_up.gif

ieatcakes157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ieatcakes157 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 7

I just wanted to say i feel the same. My cakes are all more a less the same, my dream is to sell my cakes because they actually taste lovely, but I struggle to decorate!

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 12:40am
post #4 of 7

I struggle with this more often than not. The problem is, I really do love doing it, but it can get very discouraging. After looking through your gallery, I would love to be at your skill level icon_smile.gif

CutieMcCakes is right that the main thing being is it something you enjoy/fun/love.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 7

ieatcake, I do exactly what you are wishing to do and I love every minute of it. The decorating must comply with my capabilities, but they insist on my cakes because of the taste. I do it all... homestyle cakes, decorated cakes, and a multitude of bakery offerings. PM me and I'll share.

rpaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rpaige Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 7

Your cakes are lovely and you continue to inspire us. There will be other bakers that inspire you as well. Keep baking as long as you love what you are doing. I know I admire your work.

ieatcakes157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ieatcakes157 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 7

Lorabell
I just took a look at your cakes, they're all AMAZING! You seriously are talented! I tried to pick a favourite but couldnt as they're all brilliant! I hope I can get as good as you one day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%