Fondant Roller By Caketrick?

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 12 Aug 2014 , 3:59pm by cupadeecakes

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have this rolling pin? What do you think of it? Is is worth the gigantic price tag of $139?!

9 replies
travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 10

Ha...I just saw this thing....I think those people are NUTS!  $140 for a rolling pin??  Just say'n !

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 12:39am
post #3 of 10

Where did you see it for $139.??

On their site the smaller one is $195. and the larger is $225.!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 4:01am
post #4 of 10

Just went to the site, it looks awfully heavy 8O I think I would look into a commercial Thorpe or Moline rolling pin for a cheaper option.

inkyonne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inkyonne Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 5:00am
post #5 of 10

8O That's crazy ~

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 7:11am
post #6 of 10

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has one why they think it is better.  Could be like the difference between using a knife and an Agbay.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 10

I have worked with a weighted rolling pin, wooden and aluminum. They make light work of any dough, I guess it all depends on what you like. With regular pins you have to put your back into it as with a weighted one the weight transfers to your wrists. It might be bothersome if you do it repetitively. If you only do a few cakes a week, want a sheeter like quality to your fondant and don't mind the high price tag then I say go for it.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 10

I have the Caketrick and I really love it!  It works really well with the mat too.  It is unusually heavy, but it will turn a huge globe of fondant nice and thin and smooth in no time flat.  The ends are beveled so that it doesn't leave any marks in the fondant as you roll.

I'll admit that I don't get it out for small jobs, but for the big stuff it's a lifesaver!

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:04pm
post #9 of 10

Yes exactly what she said. Love mine for big jobs and does not leave any lines. I dont know how to not get lines on large jobs if you dont have this. One question for those who have it, have your handles gotten loose and how do you fix that? Cuppadee?

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 10

I have not had any problems with my handles.  Just contact the company, I'm sure they would be glad to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%