Please Help Me Decide

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 22 Jan 2007 , 6:03pm by 2sdae

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to figure out if I should quit decorating or stick with it. I started decorating last July and have not taken any classes. I have watched one video and bought the Wilton course books. I debated taking the Wilton courses, but they offered in a town an hour away and it would mean late nights if I did take them. I know that I am not good and was hoping that practice would help. I do have repeat customers and love working when I want to, but the stuff is taking up so much space. A lady who owns a cake decorating business has seen pictures of my "better" work including a wedding cake says I have talent. Sorry this is long I need some honest opinions. I am trying to decide what to do when I grow up.

3 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 4

I think you should keep doing it, your work is GREAT! I can't do half of what you do. I guess I am just getting into it all! Good Luck!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 4

I think if it is something that you really enjoy doing, you should keep doing it. Your cakes are very pretty. It's hard to believe you have not taken any classes. Ultimately, you have to decide if it is something you enjoy enough to spend time on. I have been decorating for almost 2 years and there are still so many things that I don't know how to do, but I really enjoy decorating and hopefully as time passes I will learn more and more. I sure have learned a lot from this site.

Good luck in whatever you decide!!

Cindy

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 4

First everyone should persue what makes them happy.
2nd you do have natural talent as you say you have had no lessons but you seem to have conquered some diificult things like roses for example. These are things most people find difficult with classes so to be able to do them on your own takes some talent and willingness also. So do what you honestly feel like you should do in your own personal situation. No one can answer that except for you. But you have the raw tools so proceed as you see fit. And good luck to what ever you decided to do. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%