Edible Printer Good Price.

Decorating By verosuperstar Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 1:55am by KoryAK

verosuperstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verosuperstar Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 7

I want to buy an edible printer, I read the article here about them and they mention some printers. Does anyone have one of these printers and how they work? I found some at Walmart at very good price but don't know if they will work. Anyone has an advice?

Canon pixma mp250, mp495,mp280,mp360, mg5220

Thanks

6 replies
dorothymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorothymarie Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 7

I bought the mg5220 because it is wireless and is one of the newer Canon printer. It just came out recently. It is $98 with free shipping on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mg5220&sprefix=mg5220

brandy7909 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandy7909 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 7

were do you buy the edible ink? that is an amazing deal on that printer i may jump on that!

MellieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MellieC Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 7

How does that work? Do you use a regular printer with edible ink and paper? Where do you buy the edible paper and ink?
Interessting... I knew it existed but I didn't know how it was done.

Thanks a bunch! icon_biggrin.gif

Melanie in Qc.

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 7

Check out www.icingimages.com for edible ink cartridges

verosuperstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verosuperstar Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

They sell the same one at Walmart at the same price. They have another one wireles all in one for $58 but don't know what is the difference, I guess older model.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

Just make sure that you can get the edible ink cartridges before you buy the printer (and yes, icingimages.com is GREAT!). Then you can get the printer from them or from any other source as long as it is brand new and not refurbished (hasn't had regular ink through it). I love my Canon ip3600 and got it on Amazon.com (I think) for about $80.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%