Help! Edible Image Over Another?

Decorating By CarolWI Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm by CarolWI

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 9

Need some help here! I ordered Royal Flush playing cards images to do a special request by my mother & aunts for my Grandfathers birthday. I would like to fan the card images out on the cake as you would see them laid fanned out on a table or in hand; I wonder if anyone has ever applied an edible image over another. Will it work? What is the best way? Experience & suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

8 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 9

I would take 50/50 or just fondant place the image on that, cut around it to make actual cards. While you can lay the image on one another without it, it will look like paper laying over top.

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 9

I agree, edible images are a bit translucent to they might show through each other if you just stack them one atop the other. I would cut out card sized white fondant and lay the image on those then when you fan them on the cake it will look like a real playing hand.

CarolWI Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the tips! I like the idea of placing the image on fondant and making it appear as a real playing hand. I am totally new at this cake decorating thing and have now done 3 cakes. Classes would be nice but don't work with my schedule allowing the travel time. I love cakecentral.com and the helpful tips I am learning from everyone. Again, thank you Debbie at Icingimages and Moovaughan!!!!!

CarolWI Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

Ok, so another question; has anyone ever applied an edible image to fondant and then stored it for a week or so?

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 9

Yeppers. If you're making decorations with them and let the decorations dry, they work great. I created some small, kinda modern flowers for cupcake toppers out of the lucks lace design on fondant, and I still have the left over flowers.

CarolWI Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 9

I am placing Luck's edible playing card images to rolled fondant; think that will still work?

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 9

Yeah definitely. You can freeze those images with the cake, if you plan to make the whole thing in advance, or you can let the fondant dry the with images on it and place them on the cake when you need them.

CarolWI Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:44pm
post #9 of 9

Awesome! Thank you!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%