Plastic Icing And Round Cake

Decorating By BiancaVanWyk Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 5:01am by auzzi

BiancaVanWyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BiancaVanWyk Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 3

please assist urgently, I am busy covering a roung cake with plastic icing, it keeps making pleats, how can I avoid this in future?

2 replies
fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 3

What is plastic icing? Do you mean fondant or marzipan?

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 5:01am
post #3 of 3

It depends what part of the world you come from, as to what the product is called ..

Sugarpaste = RTR = ready-to-roll = soft white icing = plastic icing = rolled fondant = [US] fondant

For information, BiancaVanWyk, use the search function about with "pleating" "pleats" or "folds" as the input - many discussions will come up ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%