Applying Wax Paper To Cloth Ribbon ??

Decorating By mommachris Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 3:00am by Sandylee05

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 4:53am
post #1 of 7

I'm feeling a bit stupid here, remember the tip to keep cloth ribbon from getting greasy as it lays on the BC, but can't remember how to do it.
I did try to use the search option. Not working for me today no matter how I try putting it there.

So, can anyone give me some tips. I remember that you use an iron to melt the wax paper to the ribbon...but there was a way to keep it from sticking to your iron or defacing the ribbon.

Help, the wedding is tomorrow afternoon.

Mommachris

6 replies
Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 11:42am
post #2 of 7

You lay the ribbon on the ironing board, cover with wax paper, cover with thin dish towel , and iron. BUT..... I didn't think that worked very well. The grease still came through.

I just stick scotch tape on the back of the ribbon. It works perfectly! Usually, I don't have even trim the tape.

Sandy

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 7

Love the tape idea. One of those times you just go, "Duh!" and think, "why didn't I thnk about that!"

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee05

You lay the ribbon on the ironing board, cover with wax paper, cover with thin dish towel , and iron. BUT..... I didn't think that worked very well. The grease still came through.

I just stick scotch tape on the back of the ribbon. It works perfectly! Usually, I don't have even trim the tape.

Sandy

Thank You so much for the info I always wonder how the did that.

Molly thumbs_up.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:00am
post #5 of 7

Yep, used some tape and it worked like a charm. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, guys.

mommachris

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:25am
post #6 of 7

Speaking of adding tape to the back of your ribbon made me think of a tip to pass along. I used to hot glue the ends together until I had to remove the ribbon on a cake I was cutting, it was almost impossible. Now I use those long corsage pin with the pearl heads. So easy to remove and they look so pretty.

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:00am
post #7 of 7

I'm glad the tape worked. I learned only by my mistakes. I just hold the ribbon together with icing. I think royal icing works even better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%