How Do I Store A Large Wedding Cake Overnight?

Decorating By babycakes0022 Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm by kellertur

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywigglesworth

What's really disgusting, is when you see a food service worker either adjust their wedgie or reach into the back of their pants and NOT wash their hands...going on like nothing happened. icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif My second favorite are the face touchers and nose wipers and hair sweepers...yeah, I really want THAT stuff near and on my food.

Yum yum!

lovinlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovinlayers Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 3:56pm
post #32 of 34

This makes me crazy. I just completed and will be serving a wedding cake for a small done on a dime wedding for my friends son. My aim is not to have a cake business. My aim is to explore a hobby and give away a few cakes along the way.
I consider myself to be a safe cook. I am a counter top wiper, hand washer. I try so hard to make sure everything is safe. I would feel so awful if something went wrong.
I think there are many like me who mean well, but need more information.
Thanks for the heads up.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 4:46pm
post #33 of 34

I have always refrigerated my cakes, and I usually cut the cake at the party. The cake is always still cold, so its never been an issue for me. I inform them to refrigerate leftovers. The weather is cool here in Oregon, but if it were a hot day and outside wedding, I wouldn't do perishable fillings.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #34 of 34

Oregon...what a beautiful place for you to live and work. I'd love to live in Portland, OR.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%