Intense White Chocolate Scratch Or Doctored Cake Recipe

Baking By MollyHammond Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 6:10am by scp1127

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a very intense white chocolate cake recipe. I have found some but I want to make sure that it definitely has a white chocolate taste flavor.
Thanks,
Molly

6 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 7

This one is in DeDe Wilson's book. I've never tried it, but it has good reviews on this site.

http://www.food.com/recipe/white-chocolate-cake-from-dede-wilsons-the-wedding-cake-book-98453

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 7

Here's a doctored recipe that I've tried which is very good. However, I find that white chocolate itself is not a very intense flavour - it just tends to pair nicely with fillings - especially raspberry.

1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
1 box (4 serving size) white chocolate pudding mix
4 egg whites
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 ounces finely chopped white chocolate

Good luck!

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

I wanted to combine a raspberry filling with this. Thanks.

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with cherrycakes, the recipe does NOT have big white chocolate flavor. I even added white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. I also used the white chocolate buttercream recipe, that was posted in the recipe section here. The frosting definitely had more flavor than the cake.
I made mini cupcakes and after the first tray decided to swirl some raspberry preserves into each cupcake. I like the end result but the cake w/o raspberry was very plain.

Good luck

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:51am
post #6 of 7

I make the White Velvet Cake I found here on CC. It's very good. Has white chocolate pudding and white chocolate mocha coffee creamer in it.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:10am
post #7 of 7

Do you want scratch? My recipe is Rose Berenbaum's cake titled, "Woody's". It is posted on the internet. I use four layers of cake, gourmet raspberry jam between two, and the buttercream between the other. The buttercream I use is IMBC with plenty of lemon curd. Raspberry jam in the IMBC is good too.

For other flavors, omit the lemon in the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%