What Is The Best Rolling Pin.....

Baking By susies1955 Updated 15 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm by xoxoemilyrae

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 11

Could I get some advice on what would be the best rolling pin for sugar cookies and if possible that could be used for fondant too?
Thanks a bunch.
Susie

10 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 11

I think it is personal preference. I have several and the one that I always use is the one from Wilton for both my cookies and my fondant. I love it. It is the right size and weight for me. HTH

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:06am
post #3 of 11

I LOVE Sil-Pin. I have both a regular sized one (with handles) and a Jr. Sil Pin.

susies1955 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:23am
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the replies girls. icon_smile.gif
Susie

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 8:38am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVARGA

I think it is personal preference. I have several and the one that I always use is the one from Wilton for both my cookies and my fondant. I love it. It is the right size and weight for me. HTH

Is that the yellow and white one with handles?

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 11:11am
post #6 of 11

No, it is the solid white one with no handles. I love it , use over my wooden one, aluminum one. HTH

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 11

I have two of the solid white Wilton ones, a 9 inch and a 20something inch. I love them both but find myself using the 9 inch more often. It's smaller length and diameter are easier on my carpal tunneled hands =]

susies1955 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks, I think I will look at the 9 inch one. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:50pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I LOVE Sil-Pin. I have both a regular sized one (with handles) and a Jr. Sil Pin.

I like sil-pin too. I have the big one with the chrome handles, but I use the french style with no handles much more often. It rolls everything from sugar cookies to fondant to tortillas easily.

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:44pm
post #10 of 11

I have an OXO good grips nonstick rolling pin - I use it for cookies and fondant. It is heavy which I like so you don't have to use as much force. It has offset handles so my knuckles don't get in the way. I put my rolling pin rings on it for exact thickness cookies and it wipes clean. I love it.
Have wanted to try the Sil-Pin too - glad to know some of you have one and like them.

xoxoemilyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xoxoemilyrae Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm
post #11 of 11

I actually have a "wooden" one for cookies and a "plastic" one for fondant. Both about $15 at target.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%