Cake Pops

Baking By deetmar Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 3:40am by imagenthatnj

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:01am
post #1 of 7

I am making the bride and groom cake pops for an upcoming wedding, and I am wondering how far in advance can I make the cake pops and still have them fresh? I have 200 to make, plus the wedding cake and the grooms cake, and don't want to do all of this at the same time.

I won't be using the machine because I want them a bit bigger than what the machine make.

Thanks for your help!

6 replies
Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:25am
post #2 of 7

I've made them in advance and put them in the freezer for two weeks and never had any problem with freshness at all. I haven't tried to freeze them for much longer than that.

SarahL4683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahL4683 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 7

I know mine last at least a week, they've never been around long enough to last longer than that, they get gobbled up lol. I use a wasc (different flavors) and homemade all butter bc w/ heavy cream. I also dip in a ganache. I'm adding all that because my ingredients add a lot of moisture so I'm not sure if other recipes last as long. I'd be interested to see what other people say...

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 8:41am
post #4 of 7

Dani, do you freeze just the cake pop or do you freeze it with the chocolate on it and decorated?

cberget504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cberget504 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:52am
post #5 of 7

wait, there is a cake pop machine???

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:29am
post #6 of 7

From what I can tell, the cake pop machine basically makes little round cakes, much like doughnut holes. So they're not technically cake pops, at least not the ones that use crumbled cake and frosting mixed together. The machine bakes them in a round shape, and I guess you would dip them in chocolate to make a baked cake pop.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%