Use Fbct Or Ri For Deorating The Side Of A Square Cake?

Decorating By superwawa

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 1

Hello CC-ers!

I am making some of those baby block cakes next month and had planned to do the letters/shapes on the block sides out of fondant for crisp results.

Well I've now been asked to keep the cakes fondant free - so I am wondering what is the best method for "small" details like this for the SIDE of a square block cake? The cake will be done with with a Crisco-based BC (specifically Indydebi's recipe) and will NOT be in A/C for the event.

If it was not in the warm months or was in A/C I would probably do a chocolate transfer since I am experienced with those. But with the warm weather I know I need a better solution.

While I have been searching and reading CC all morning about the opinions and positives/negatives about doing FBCTs and RI transfer/plaques I wonder if anyone with experience could share their thoughts about using a method for the SIDE of a square cake - my worry of course is to keep anything attached from sliding.

Or would you forego any type of attached item and neatly pipe on the detail in BC?

Thanks for your help!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%