Pedestal Cake Stand

Decorating By myheartsdesire Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 1:42am by myheartsdesire

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 6

Can a 3 or 4 tiered wedding cake be properly supported on a pedestal cake stand? The bottom tier being 12 or 14 inch? I see pics online with gorgeous cakes on beautiful stands but I'm wondering if that is safe? Or even possible, maybe those are just display cakes made out of styrofoam?

5 replies
ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 6

Large cakes can definitely be supported by pedestal cake stands. I have done it successfully with both metal and glass stands. If you have doubts, you can always load the stand with something a similar weight to check.

Keep in mind that if the pedestal has a small bottom, the cake will be more likely to tip over.

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:09am
post #3 of 6

Sarah's Stands makes pedestals that can support larger cakes. http://sarahsstands.com/

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:20am
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much for posting that link! I am going to be in need of a larger diameter cake stand soon myself and wasnt finding anything that would support a !4" or wider bottom tier!

ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:30am
post #5 of 6

Oh - Love those cake stands. So cute!

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! Those are lovely! A little more than I want to pay but cheaper than most of the stand companies I have found. Those are great.icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%