Just For Fun Bakers Addicted To All The Tools And Equipment!

Decorating By cakingformykids Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 1:14am by jenng1482

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 11:33pm
post #31 of 35

If my husband only knew how much I have and how much I have spent over the years, I think he would go into seizures....Sometimes what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

musselmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musselmom Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 11:41pm
post #32 of 35

I found someone on craigs list selling 50+ chocolate molds and supplies for a chocolate sucker business she had. Also the rights to the webb domain for another year. Not sure how many suckers I'll sell but for the price I just gotta have it. I'm suppose to meet up with her tomorrow. I'm sure everything will feel right at home in my cake cabinet with my pans and cutters.

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:26am
post #33 of 35

Right now I am into fondant tools and cutters, cookie cutters, and my basic round and square pans to create tiers. The next item I plan to get if the reviews continue to be positive is one (or more, lol) of the Wilton silicone molds. Only problem is I have to buy it online so I will wait a little more to see if the reviews continue to be positive.

The only big item I have that I absolutely love is my Kitchen Aid mixer - so worth it because I am always using it. I am deciding on my next big item, perhaps for Christmas, and I want either a Cricut or an airbrush machine. I just need to figure out which I would actually get more use out of.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:29am
post #34 of 35

Sorry, been busy, MTC is "make the cut" software and you can not use it with the cricut anymore due to a lawsuit but SCAL is "sure cuts alot" and as far as I know you can still buy it and use it. If you get an old version of either they will work. They allow you to trace any shape or logo and then your cricut will cut it. It is super cool. You can check out utube videos on it still I think. The cartridges are great too but they are so expensive. If my friend were not a scrapbook addict with 100 cartridges I would not use it as much but I know she has everything.. and she lets me borrow.. icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:14am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

I wish we had a board on this site where we could sell our unwanted cake items. It would be nice to sell to our CC friends and to have one central location to go to for finding items we needed. I am currently in the process of moving to a smaller home, so I really must downsize (which means no new toys for me until I can find somewhere to put them icon_sad.gif )

I understand why the owners and administrators of this site do not want to open the site for sales and listings. However, I do wish there was a "marketplace" for us. I started a small facebook page for this reason just a few minutes ago. Lets see how it goes!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/220404277995167#!/groups/220404277995167

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%