Filling Suggestion For Banana Cake

Baking By jewordsoflife Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 2:09pm by shaekae81

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:03am
post #1 of 8

i just baked a banana cake (never had banana cake before, only banana bread) and I don't really know what to use for a filling. Any ideas or suggestions? TIA

7 replies
pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:38am
post #2 of 8

i do a banana cake with cream cheese filling and caramelized bananas. its really yummy!!

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:39am
post #3 of 8

Caramel or chocolate or peanut butter lol

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:42am
post #4 of 8

I made banana cupcakes with a cream cheese buttercream and they were really good so I think a cream cheese filling would be good. I also did some with chocolate buttercream and they were good too but I definitely preferred the cream cheese.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 9:46am
post #5 of 8

traditionally here in NZ they are filled with fresh cream and slice bananas... perfect!

shaekae81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaekae81 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:11am
post #6 of 8

I vote for either caramel or peanutbutter icon_smile.gif

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! I'm think im going to try a caramel filling. I looked for a recipe here on CC and found one that looks very promising icon_smile.gif I have a thought...Do you think I could fold some caramel filling into Rich's Bettercreme and make it like a mousse? icon_smile.gif

shaekae81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaekae81 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 8

I am not familiar with Rich's Bettercreme recipe, but if it is powder sugar (I assume it is), then it will depend on the liquid in the caramel filling.

I had the brilliant (insert sarcastic tone here...lol) idea to mix key lime pie filling with buttercream....the taste was INCREDILBE....the texture was almost runny though! I assume it was because of the liquid in the pie filling. (lime cupcakes in my photos) -- If someone has other ideas, feel free to correct me!

Might want to mix a small amount at first to see.....I'm all for experimental baking....that's how the good recipes are born icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%