Decorating Technique

Decorating By FrecklesCakes Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 3:25am by FrecklesCakes

FrecklesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrecklesCakes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:03am
post #1 of 3

Hi icon_smile.gif I'm new to CC (which I have to say is wonderful yet very addictive! - I was warned when joining though icon_smile.gif )

I'm just wondering what this technique on the second layer is called on this beautiful cake by amy beck cake design... I tried to google all different terms but I couldn't get any other cakes come up with it.

and if anyone knows what lace or stencil or piping technique is used on this purple cake by sweet art...

I will be doing my first fondant covered cake next weekend for my sisters engagement with a damask stencil (probably white with black stenciling - yep not the best to try first off EIK!). I hope it can turns out OK *fingers crossed* (this has nothing to do with the above questions but thought I'd throw it in there icon_razz.gif haha)


2 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:09am
post #2 of 3

On the 1st cake
The middle part is done by draping the fondant. I would add some cmc or gumtex to make the fondant more pliable before draping it over the cake.
The top part I would do by using flower and leave cutters. I will then link them with some piped RI strings.
The one shape looks like a normal 5 peatal blossom and then some details was added by pressing onto the shapes. The other one is a normal leaf shape

The second cake looks like a stencil with a piped border at the top


FrecklesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrecklesCakes Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 3:25am
post #3 of 3

Thank you icon_smile.gif I will have to try it one day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%