Charmed Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 42

I just saw it and thought I would share it with you:
http://buybakepops.com/

41 replies
pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 42

Thanks for posting! I'm intrigued icon_biggrin.gif.. kind of like the babycakes... but no machine (less space in my world icon_biggrin.gif)

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 42

This is convenient, but the original cake pops have the icing mushed into the cake, then dipped, vs these are the cake ONLY with choc. covering..but it's great idea! Thanks for sharing..

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 42

The thing I like about it is that you get real cake and not crushed cake.
Edna icon_smile.gif

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 42

I would be more drawn to eating these then the original ones. The original ones just sound really gross to me, im not much of a frosting person though. I will have to talk to my husband about buying this for me LOL

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 42

I have to agree. The cake thing is what appeals to me as well. I could never get past the mushy cake and icing combo on the other ones. I may have to try this.

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 42

Ok now this looks so much better then smooshed cake! Thanks so much for posting!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 42

I wonder if it leaves a ridge around the middle. I'd like to see some reviews on it first but looks like it would be easy!

JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 42

I mashed up some redvelvet cake and white chocolate cheesecake together then frosted it with cream cheese frosting..tasted great but I couldnt get over the mushy texture. This seems much better.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 42

I really think that you guys who don't like the mushiness of cake pops are mixing in waaaaay too much binder and/or mixing them in a mixer . Cut back on the binder to the barest minimum and mix by hand with a fork. Much like pie crust, there will be some cake crumbs not fully incorporated.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:29pm
post #11 of 42

someone once said that the original way was like eating cake that was already chewed up.. this might be a great option.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:34pm
post #12 of 42

Thanks for sharing! I love the babycakes machine, but I like the idea of a pan. I love my non-crushed, non-chewed up cakepops.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:36pm
post #13 of 42

Interesting....I also like the baked cake better than the mushed up cake and icing...I can't believe the sticks would stay in though just poked in like that...I like Bakerella's way with the dipped chocolate sticks...

I would like one if they were offered here but the shipping is more to Canada so I'll have to wait and see.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:54pm
post #14 of 42

really like this idea!!!
thanks for posting!
Jodi icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:56pm
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Interesting....I also like the baked cake better than the mushed up cake and icing...I can't believe the sticks would stay in though just poked in like that...I like Bakerella's way with the dipped chocolate sticks...

I would like one if they were offered here but the shipping is more to Canada so I'll have to wait and see.

I dont think the sticks are staying in, they are just holding them so they look like they do.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_smile.gif

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbm04r

I have to agree. The cake thing is what appeals to me as well. I could never get past the mushy cake and icing combo on the other ones. I may have to try this.

I am totally with you! I always thought they looked cute, but couldn't get past that "mush", it least it is to me. I think I'm willing to make them this way.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 42

Those look really neat! If anyone outside the U.S.A. orders them, I'd be interested to know what you paid in shipping. They don't have an e-mail address to ask questions, and the only reference I can find says that an additional $10 will be charged for orders outside the continental United States. I'd like to know for sure before handing over my credit card details though! Shipping from the U.S.A. is really expensive for those of us at the other end of the world, I'd be surprised if it was that cheap as they'd surely be making a loss on it.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 9:16pm
post #18 of 42

With the baby cakes being on sale, 15% discount and $10 Kohls cash I got my baby cakes cake pop maker for $6.99 so I think I'll stick with that. I also make the other kind with a tablespoon of frosting mixed in and people love them. For anyone that likes those kind try the new cake pop roller, it's awsome.

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 9:21pm
post #19 of 42

Hmmm I like it.. although I already picked up two Baby Cakes Cake Pop machines... so I guess i will have to stick with that.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm
post #20 of 42

I would have loved the babycakes too, but my lovely friend priced out how much it would cost to send one to me here in N Z, and she would have practically had to mortgage her house to pay for it, way too expensive! I envy you guys in the U.S.A. and all your cool gadgets at reasonable prices icon_smile.gif

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm
post #21 of 42

I agree with leah_s...maybe too much binder? Mixing with a fork does work well also. I haven't met anyone who didn't absolutely love the flavor and texture of a cake pop/ball (not to say that I won't meet someone soon! *fingers crossed!) Still waiting for my cake pop roller to come in (I got it at the introductory price of $199)! It will be well worth the money as I do orders of about 200 quite often!!! As far as the bake pops pans, I think I'm going to order a set anyway so when I do come across someone who doesn't like them, I have an alternative! Thanks to the OP for posting!

QTCakes1 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 10:15pm
post #22 of 42

Woah! That cake pop roller is nice, but pricey.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 10:17pm
post #23 of 42

It is pricey but worth every penny for the time it save coompared to rolling by hand.

QTCakes1 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 10:32pm
post #24 of 42

I believe it! It was cut, cut and swoop, and not even 3 minutes late 20 cake balls. Maybe one day...(sigh)...icon_wink.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 10:54pm
post #25 of 42

The new Easy Roller is fantastic! I got mine delivered right after the 4th of July. No more rolling cake balls by hand again! Everyone I know that has had my cake pops absolutely loved them. Just don't use much binder! Also, if you make your cake balls while the cake is still warm, the cake holds together really well without any binder. Just be sure to dip your stick into the chocolate before inserting it into the cooled cake ball. icon_biggrin.gif

kimboann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimboann Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 11:40pm
post #26 of 42

Please don't shoot me but I don't like cake pops. I tried one just today (just in case it was different) but nope, still don't like them. I think they are too mushy and sweet. Maybe this cake pop maker will be different.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 1:18am
post #27 of 42

GREAT idea!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:53pm
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

The thing I like about it is that you get real cake and not crushed cake.
Edna icon_smile.gif

I know Edna, that's what I like about it!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:10pm
post #29 of 42

I checked the order page to see if they had info on international shipping, which they state they do, an extra $10 on the website, but the address, zip (postal code for me) fill in page, is only for the US?

The price is shown as 19.99 plus $6.99 shipping, but if you want the deal, two pans for one, you have to pay an additional 6.99 shipping charge.

But... If you watch the video, its states, call about free shipping?

And... if you're quick to notice, at the very start of the video, there's a flash notice that comes up that puts a kinker in that free shipping.

You have to be quick to see it, as it's there, then instantly gone but it, the flash notice says... 'If you upgrade your order'.

Sooo, I'm guessing that might mean, you have to order more pans than the original offer to get the free shipping,? Or maybe purchase a more expensive pop pan set than the pan shown?

All in all, it seems a bit fishy to me. As much as I like the idea of the pan, I'd want to know a lot more before ordering one. The fact they have no email in their contact link is offputting too. How can you not have an email when you're selling to the public?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:23pm
post #30 of 42

Yes, no phone number and no email. I don't like ordering that stuff that comes on TV. This is one of those TV products. I've heard enough about people getting charged double for what they ordered and not being able to call back for a refund, or refunds not being made.

I should wait. Good idea, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%